Monday, October 4, 2010

Just finished reading Mini Shopaholic!

I bought the new book Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella on Friday and finished it 2 days!  Yes, yes, I probably should've been studying instead but once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down.  It was like a glimpse into my future (minus the extremely rich mother-in-law).  In a lot of ways I can relate to Rebecca Bloomwood, her thought process and on a smaller scale her shopping habits and the way she justifies them (to herself, her husband, and family).  The need to shop, the high I get from buying something, anything!  *Which needs replacing - shopping is an expensive habit (even small purchases can add up).  I've been unsuccessful with finding a replacement that gives me the same feeling, but that's a discussion for another day!

Are you a Sophie Kinsella fan?  Let me know if you are or not, and why.  I love her writing because of the humour, the awkward situations her heroines find themselves in and the surprising ways they come up with to get themselves out of it.  Even though the situations are over-the-top, I can relate to them in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment