Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Fish Out of Water!

Here I am, in my 4th and final year of university, and yet I still feel like the new kid.  Granted, this is my 2nd semester back after a 7-year break but still....I feel like I'm always one step behind.  At least my midterms are over (for now, I still have one more in November).

I don't know how other mature students feel, I just know how I feel.  Like when the professor says "You should've learned about ______ in your previous course" and everyone around me nods their head while I look like a deer caught in the headlights.  I try to think back but when your prerequisites are at least 7 years old, it's hard to remember unless you've actually used it.

And there's a few people who recognize me from last semester, but none of them are in my classes now.  It's a bit lonely (if you didn't know, I'm a bit shy when it comes to new people).  That's a big difference from when I was at Grant MacEwan the first time and now.  Then again, at that time I was in a 2-year diploma program where I spent most of my classes with the same people.  I guess that's one difference between college and university?

At least I only have 6 1/2 months more to survive to finally finish my degree that I started way back in 2000 (I hope).  Wow, that's a long time ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment